Reflective gear and high visibility clothing can be used and worn in many different types of environments. For various types of construction workers, high visibility clothing makes them easy to see and is a safety precaution while operating heavy machinery or equipment. The fabric used, usually neons like orange or yellow, and reflective tape makes the wearer stand out in any high traffic situation. Action Apparel Inc. typically receives requests for high visibility uniforms from construction and road work employees. Depending on your situation, type of high visibility clothing will vary.
- Type O is generalized as “off road” apparel that offers visual enhancement for those in environments where they could be injured by equipment, machinery or moving vehicles. Type O workers are usually parking lot attendants, warehouse workers and mine workers.
- Type R are “roadway” workers that are exposed to traffic on public highways or roadways. Jobs include utility & construction workers, school crossing guards, emergency response teams, roadway maintenance and more.
- Type P is classified as “public safety” and is work specifically by emergency personnel and law enforcers. Type P is worn in environments where workers can be struck by moving vehicles and construction equipment.
- Performance Class 1 Type “O”
- Performance Class 2 Type “R” or “P”
- Performance Class 3 Type “R” or “P”
- Supplemental Class E
- Optional High-Visibility Accessories
- Performance Class 1 The minimum amount of high visibility materials are used for Type O work environments.
- Performance Class 2 A higher amount of high visibility materials are used for Type R or P environments. This apparel has more, specialized visibility materials, like on the pant legs or sleeves.
- Performance Class 3 A higher amount of high visibility materials are used for Type R or P environments. This apparel has more, specialized visibility materials, like on the pant legs or sleeves.
- Class 3 Exception This class applies to the Type R apparel minimum requirements for the smallest sizes provided for Class 2 and Class 3. Meaning, a safety measure for smaller employees that may need smaller sizes can still wear the apparel without any danger from over-sized clothing.
- Class E This class pertains to apparel like bib overalls, shorts or trousers. If worn alone, these types of apparel are not classified as Class E, but if worn with Class 2 or 3 will be identified as Performance Class 3.
Along with different types of high visibility standards, there are also performance classes. There are five performance classes:
Action Apparel Inc. offers high visibility uniforms , clothing and workwear to various types of industries. We carry all the leading brand names: Occunomix, ERB Safety, Tingley, Carhartt, Red Kap, Dickies, Tri Mountain, Game, Cornerstone By Port Authority, and Charles River Apparel If you’d like to place an order, contact us today! Receive your quote by filling out our online form or by calling us at (781) 224-0777. Stay safe with our high visibility safety gear!